The tried-and-tested FlexiClick system is now available as a 12 volt version: With the GSR 12V-15 FC Professional, Bosch is offering the shortest cordless drill/driver in its class. With four adapters – a bit holder with bit locking as well as a drill chuck, an off-set angle and an angle adapter – it is the most versatile system in the market. Furthermore, Bosch is the only manufacturer whose angle adapter can be combined and used with any of the three other adapters. This means that tradespeople such as carpenters, kitchen installers, furniture makers and exhibition stand builders, who often have to work in very tight spaces, can be more flexible. Furthermore, it is even easier to complete typical tasks using the compact 12 volt system than it is with the more powerful tools in the 14.4 or 18 volt classes. This includes, for example, to loosen or drive screws in areas close to edges on cabinets or drill holes in tight gaps. Tried-and-tested features have been kept: Even with the 12 volt system, the off-set angle and the angle adapter can remain on the tool when you are adjusting them.
The FlexiClick 5-in-1 12 volt system at a glance
1. With its head length of just 132 millimeters, the GSR 12V-15 FC Professional is the shortest cordless drill/driver in its class, meaning that it is a problem-solver when it comes to tight spaces. It has a magnetic bit holder and can therefore be used without any adapter. Weighing just 800 grams, it is extremely lightweight. Maximum torques of 30 newton meters in hard screwdriving applications and 15 newton meters in soft screwdriving applications guarantee rapid work progress.
2. The GFA 12-X Professional bit holder has a HEX holder and bit locking. This ensures that professionals can work with precision – bits and drills cannot unintentionally come loose. With the bit holder, the GSR 12V-15 FC Professional is no more than 159 millimeters in length and is therefore the shortest model in the market.
3. The GFA 12-B Professional drill chuck adapter has an auto-lock function and can be used for drill bits up to ten millimeters. Including drill chuck adapter, the cordless drill/driver is 178 millimeters long and allows you to drill in tight spaces.
4. The GFA 12-E Professional off-set angle adapter allows for precise screw-driving close to edges. You just have 12 millimeters to the edge. 16 working positions can be set without to remove the FlexiClick adapter from the cordless drill/driver.
5. At just 61 millimeters in length, the GFA 12-W Professional angle adapter is the shortest angle adapter in its class. Tradespeople can use it to screw in screws easily and precisely even where there is limited space. It effectively drives screws round corners, and can be quickly and easily locked in 16 different positions.
Securely connected in only a few moves
It takes just a few steps to connect a FlexiClick adapter to the GSR 12V-15 FC Professional cordless drill/driver: Simply place the adapter onto the FlexiClick interface and turn it clockwise. A click and a control indicator on the adapter confirm that both components have been securely connected.
“Flexible Power System”: Full compatibility with 10.8 and 12 volt
The GSR 12V-15 FC Professional cordless drill/driver is part of the “Flexible Power System” from Bosch. The “12” in the tool name indicates the maximum battery voltage of 12 volts and replaces the previous nomenclature of 10.8 volts, the average battery voltage specification. Existing 10.8 volt batteries and chargers remain fully compatible. It goes without saying that the new 12 volt batteries as well are compatible with the existing 10.8 volt tools. At present, this system comprises 27 cordless tools and 1.5 Ah, 2.0 Ah, 2.5 h and 4.0 Ah batteries.
FlexiClick 12 volt is available with various scopes of delivery in specialist retail outlets from January 2017. All specified prices are recommended retail prices excluding VAT. Subject to change.
|Specifications||GSR 12V-15 FC Professional|
|Max. battery voltage||12 V|
|Battery capacity||2.0 Ah|
|Head length without system |
adapter (Length x height)
|132 x 178 mm|
|Max. torque (hard/soft)||30/15 Nm|
|No load speed (1st gear/2nd gear)||0 - 400/0 – 1,300 rpm|
|Max. drilling diameter in wood/steel||19/10 mm|
|Max. screw diameter||7 mm|
|Weight including battery||0.8 kg|
|Scopes of delivery and prices||• As a set in the L-Boxx including all four adapters, two 2.0 Ah batteries and a quick charger for €219|
• As a set in the L-Boxx including drill chuck adapter, two 2.0 Ah batteries and a quick charger for €175
|Specifications||GFA 12-B Professional|
|Specifications||GFA 12-B Professional|
drill chuck adapter
|Chuck capacity||10 mm|
|Specifications||GFA 12-E Professional|
off-set angle adapter
|Corner measurement||12 mm|
|Specifications||GFA 12-W Professional|
The Robert Bosch Power Tools GmbH, a division of the Bosch Group, is one of the world’s leading providers for power tools, power tool accessories and measuring tools. In 2016, its roughly 20,000 associates generated sales of 4.5 billion euros, about 85 percent of which outside of Germany. With brands such as Bosch and Dremel, the division stands for customer focus and great engineering progress. The core success factors are innovative strength and pace of innovation. The division generated about one third of its sales in 2016 with products that have been on the market for less than two years. In 2017, Bosch Power Tools will again launch more than 100 new products onto the German market in its four business segments power tools, accessories, measuring tools and garden tools.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 390,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2016). According to preliminary figures, the company generated sales of 73.1 billion euros in 2016. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected industry. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to create solutions for a connected life, and to improve quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.” The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 450 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing, engineering, and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. At 120 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 59,000 associates in research and development.